Reading is an integral part of our daily work lives. On a typical day, I spend a lot of time reading. For example,
- reading reports
- reading emails
- reading on the web
- reading manuals
- reading books
It is true that the more one reads the more one becomes better at it. Therefore, your reading speed can increase if you read a lot. This is the natural reading speed development process - read a lot. However, there is a program that claims that it can deliberately increase reading speed. The program is called, "Double Your Reading Speed In Just 16 Minutes".
Here are some points that look interesting:
- The program doesn't take a lot of time - 5 pages of notes and 20 minutes of audio clips
- Doesn't involve complex exercises
- You don't have to practice everyday
- Focuses on practical application rather than theory
The product also carries some interesting testimonials on how others benefited from the program. Here are a few:
* Before, I was reading a particular book at a pace of 2 pages per minute. After finishing the course, I was reading it at 5 pages per minute. - Michael Lee
* I've just started my MBA course and wanted to increase my reading speed. Your 16-minute programme did exactly what was promised. - Kimmo Järvinen
* I am a freshman at Michigan State University and I just purchased your program and my speed went from 200 words per minute to nearly 460 per minute. - Rob Viola
If you are a student then you can get better grades if you read faster. As a matter of fact, regardless of your profession, the ability to read faster will increase your productivity.
I know I would like to become more productive so that I can have more time for work during the week and more time to play during the weekends.