It happened again in class. While sharing my insights on a particular subject, I spontaneously began by saying:
"Ask yourself this question"
I believe in the power of a good question. Questions find their way into my journal, class notes, and my interactions with people.
Any one answer to any one of the nineteen questions below could make a positive impact on your life.
Did you get that? No hype.
No outrageous claims, no related tapes to purchase, and no guarantees about changing your life forever.
The potential for meaningful change does lie before you *in the form of your own seriously considered answer* to a selected question.
A FEW BRIEF SUGGESTIONS
Pay attention to your initial feelings about an inquiry you read.
Should you notice a "first impression answer" that ushers in a sense of excitement, challenge -- or a deep sense of "I should do this" -- be sure to slow down your internal speed of life and park there a moment or two.
Remember: repeating a question over and over sets in motion an on-going search to discover *just the right answer for you.*
Consider recording your thoughts in a journal.
Enjoy the process!
AND THE QUESTIONS ARE...
1. What one small thing -- repeat -- "small thing" -- is holding me back from doing my best today?
2. What *one* small thing is hindering me from becoming the person I be could be today in *one* area of my life?
3. What action could I take today to brighten someone's world?
*And here's the key: simple, doable, and even fun!
4. How can I double my value as a ___________ this year?
*As a... husband, father, employee, friend, etc.
*Suggestion: ask this question many, many times.
5. Where should I influence my world in a positive way?
6. Are negative thinking patterns eating away my potential in any area of my life -- no matter how small?
7. Am I saying "I can't" when I should be saying "I can" or "I must!" anywhere in my life?
8. My greatest area of tension at work or home right now is ________. How could I improve just 10% in this area?
9. What positive discipline have I let slip lately? What price am I paying for this slip?
10. Where can I, or should I, make a positive difference?
11. If I took a thirty second "happy memory break" right now, what would I remember?
13. How can I schedule a small break in my life -- just enough to be refreshed and recharged a bit?
14. What untapped potential could I bring to my world?
15. Am I learning what I need to learn?
16. Are my associations making me or breaking me?
17. Who is challenging me or inspiring me right now? Who could?
18. Should I procrastinate on anything, or set aside anything, that is not important for what is *most* important?
19. Is there anything I should *stop* doing?